pun_logo

The Society for the study of flies (Diptera)

Affiliated to the British Entomological and Natural History Society (BENHS)

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-06-13 14:19:19

oceanlis2000
Registered user
Name: Array Array
Registered: 2010-07-12
Posts: 900

Publications

Hello


Just a quick question


Where do people publish new information on flies in the UK?

It looks like Dipterists Digest is no longer available

Thank you

Offline

 

#2 2011-06-13 14:52:16

Mick
DF Members
Name: Mick Parker
From: Weymouth, Dorset
Registered: 2008-02-20
Posts: 71

Re: Publications

Hi Oceanlis2000,

I am sorry, but you appear to be all at sea!, the Dipterists Digest is still "available" in fact the next issue
is about to go to the printers, there are over 300 current subscribers to the Dipterists Digest and it is
very much the place for new information on Flies in the UK,
The Editor is Peter Chandler, and he can be contacted via this website, under Dipterists Forum information,
( Dipterists Forum Committee )
Cheers,
Mick


Mick Parker

Offline

 

#3 2011-06-17 17:08:43

oceanlis2000
Registered user
Name: Array Array
Registered: 2010-07-12
Posts: 900

Re: Publications

Thanks Mick

Offline

 

#4 2011-06-23 10:40:58

darlene
Banned
Name: darlene
From: London
Registered: 2011-06-23
Posts: 2

Re: Publications

Thanks foe the information ...I actually need the information about dipterists ..I wanted to create a community in london......

Last edited by darlene (2011-07-19 10:03:26)


{off-topic link deleted}

Offline

 

#5 2011-06-23 12:18:29

Mick
DF Members
Name: Mick Parker
From: Weymouth, Dorset
Registered: 2008-02-20
Posts: 71

Re: Publications

darlene wrote:

Thanks foe the information ...I actually need the information about dipterists ..I wanted to create a community in london......

WELL!!........That's absolutely fantastic!!!.....xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Mick Parker

Offline

 

#6 2011-06-23 12:53:55

muscapaul
DF Members
Name: Paul Beuk
From: Maastricht, Netherlands
Registered: 2010-01-06
Posts: 576
Website

Re: Publications

Yeah, another bit of fantastic... SPAM!

Offline

 

#7 2011-06-23 13:51:54

Mick
DF Members
Name: Mick Parker
From: Weymouth, Dorset
Registered: 2008-02-20
Posts: 71

Re: Publications

muscapaul wrote:

Yeah, another bit of fantastic... SPAM!

I am aware it's spam, Paul!


Mick Parker

Offline

 

#8 2011-06-23 15:42:17

muscapaul
DF Members
Name: Paul Beuk
From: Maastricht, Netherlands
Registered: 2010-01-06
Posts: 576
Website

Re: Publications

You are a bright young chap, of course you are. But not everyone has your keen insight in the devious ways some people will try to lure you in. wink

Offline

 

#9 2011-06-23 17:54:19

KenMerrifield
Administrator
Name: Ken Merrifield
Registered: 2008-02-21
Posts: 227

Re: Publications

Hi Mick & Paul,
I have just logged on and seen the recent posting. As there are replies I have removed the advertising link from her/his/its profile (with a bit of luck before the site is next indexed by a search engine so making it a waste of their time, as well as ours).
If you like I can delete the posting by 'darlene' but then the following messages would be out of context and perhaps best deleted also?
(as DD still exists perhaps the whole thread could go as it contributes little)
What do you think?

Offline

 

#10 2011-06-23 18:24:15

Mick
DF Members
Name: Mick Parker
From: Weymouth, Dorset
Registered: 2008-02-20
Posts: 71

Re: Publications

KenMerrifield wrote:

Hi Mick & Paul,
I have just logged on and seen the recent posting. As there are replies I have removed the advertising link from her/his/its profile (with a bit of luck before the site is next indexed by a search engine so making it a waste of their time, as well as ours).
If you like I can delete the posting by 'darlene' but then the following messages would be out of context and perhaps best deleted also?
What do you think?

Hi Ken, I would just leave it as it is, its only a bit of banter!
See you at Exeter!


Mick Parker

Offline

 

#11 2011-06-23 18:25:26

Mick
DF Members
Name: Mick Parker
From: Weymouth, Dorset
Registered: 2008-02-20
Posts: 71

Re: Publications

muscapaul wrote:

You are a bright young chap, of course you are. But not everyone has your keen insight in the devious ways some people will try to lure you in. wink

Nicely said Paul!...and so true!


Mick Parker

Offline

 

#12 2011-07-19 10:10:28

darlene
Banned
Name: darlene
From: London
Registered: 2011-06-23
Posts: 2

Re: Publications

Hi Mick..i need to know the correct information regarding any dipterists communities in stanford locally? Will you kindly assist me..My uncle need this information.He is from US.Recently shifted to stanford .Anyhow he will find it out but myself wanted to help him in finding better one.So thought to consult you.


{off topic links deleted from end of message; - poster banned }

Last edited by KenMerrifield (2011-07-19 16:44:41)


{off-topic link deleted}

Offline

 

#13 2011-07-19 22:00:40

muscapaul
DF Members
Name: Paul Beuk
From: Maastricht, Netherlands
Registered: 2010-01-06
Posts: 576
Website

Re: Publications

Well, Ken, you might just as well delete the whole message as that is probably just as bogus as the link was off-topic. tongue

Offline

 

#14 2011-08-23 07:25:26

Quentina
Banned
Name: Array Array
Registered: 2011-08-23
Posts: 2

Re: Publications

I have just logged on and seen the recent posting. As there are replies I have removed the advertising link from her/his/its profile (with a bit of luck before the site is next indexed by a search engine so making it a waste of their time, as well as ours).

Offline

 

#15 2011-08-23 16:56:32

KenMerrifield
Administrator
Name: Ken Merrifield
Registered: 2008-02-21
Posts: 227

Re: Publications

Quentina wrote:

I have just logged on and seen the recent posting. As there are replies I have removed the advertising link from her/his/its profile (with a bit of luck before the site is next indexed by a search engine so making it a waste of their time, as well as ours).

This person has quoted a message from the Moderator saying that advertising links are removed, in a context spamming post with an advertising link!!!!!  Maybe they do not read or understand English?

Offline

 

#16 2011-08-23 18:00:58

muscapaul
DF Members
Name: Paul Beuk
From: Maastricht, Netherlands
Registered: 2010-01-06
Posts: 576
Website

Re: Publications

Just a wicked sense of humour!

Offline

 

#17 2016-12-22 01:25:14

KenMerrifield
Administrator
Name: Ken Merrifield
Registered: 2008-02-21
Posts: 227

Re: Publications

KenMerrifield wrote:

Quentina wrote:

I have just logged on and seen the recent posting. As there are replies I have removed the advertising link from her/his/its profile (with a bit of luck before the site is next indexed by a search engine so making it a waste of their time, as well as ours).

This person has quoted a message from the Moderator saying that advertising links are removed, in a context of spamming post with an advertising link!!!!!  Maybe they do not read or understand English?

I have only just realised that the message was probably generated by a 'bot that would not understand the message and just reply to the most recent one  hmm

Offline

 

Board footer

Powered by PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2005 Rickard Andersson