pun_logo

The Society for the study of flies (Diptera)

Affiliated to the British Entomological and Natural History Society (BENHS)

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-22 18:05:47

colinleb
DF Members
Name: Colin Le Boutillier

New DF website

Where do I go for help using new DF Website.  I seem to have registered inadvertently and appear to be able to change my Password but when I try to log in after having done that I get rejected on the basis that either my Username or Password is not recognised.  Thanks in advance for advice.

#2 2018-11-22 19:11:21

andrewsi25
DF Members
Name: Ian Andrews

Re: New DF website

I am in a similar position. I can go on the old website and check my details, but the new website will not accept that they exist!

Ian

#3 2018-11-22 20:52:53

JohnShowers
Committee
Name: John Showers
Website

To log in on the new website you need to enter your email address. If it is registered you will be sent a temporary password to login with your email address and new password. You can then edit your details to suit your need.

If you do not have an email address registered with us then email kitenetter@googlemail.com or showersjohn@gmail.com

Note only paid up members of Dipterists Forum will be given logins.

#4 2018-11-22 21:29:27

andrewsi25
DF Members
Name: Ian Andrews

Thanks, John.

Yes, my e-mail is registered, according to my profile on the old website, but it is not acknowledged so by the new website. I'll e-mail you!

Ian

#5 2018-11-22 21:33:27

colinleb
DF Members

Thanks John.  I have already done all that.  Got the temporary password e-mail (several times).  Website let me change Password and save it.  Shows my correct name and address.  Won't let me log in the next time I try.  Tried old Username colinleb. Tried e-mail address colinleb@hotmail.com.  Tried what the new website seems to have allocated as my new Username LEBOUTILLIER. Tried that with and without the space after the LE thus LE BOUTILLIER.  It doesn't like any of those.

Thought I was paid up but perhaps not?

Colin

#6 2018-11-23 12:44:50

haematocephalus
DF Members
Name: Martin Harvey
Website

Hi Colin,

I can see your account on the new site, and it is set up for user name LE BOUTILLIER as you describe. I've been able to 'masquerade' as you and log in that way. You should be able to go here and enter LE BOUTILLIER as the user name, plus the password you have saved:
https://www.dipterists.org.uk/user/login

If that still isn't working let me know and I'll reset your password.

Martin

Soldierflies and Allies Recording Scheme
http://www.brc.ac.uk/soldierflies-and-allies/

#7 2018-11-23 16:36:10

colinleb
DF Members

Thanks Martin.  Used the link you provided above and got logged in as far as I can see. Bit surprised that the Menu bar still includes Log-in though, rather than Log-out if so.  Also notice that I am not allowed to post to either of the Forums that you (?) have set up.  Is the General discussion Forum meant to be the equivalent of this Forum?  Can't see an ID request Forum yet - still to be set up?

Uploaded Images

#8 2018-11-23 17:42:47

haematocephalus
DF Members
Name: Martin Harvey
Website

Colin,

Glad you managed to log in. The log-in menu is confusing, we'll see if that can be changed. The Forum permissions were not working correctly but should now be fixed. DF Committee decided that we would only have two forums, and the intention is that identification requests can be added under the "Learn about flies" heading.

Martin

Soldierflies and Allies Recording Scheme
http://www.brc.ac.uk/soldierflies-and-allies/

#9 2018-11-23 18:33:59

colinleb
DF Members

Thanks again Martin.  I have made a post and will make future enquiries in the new website.

Board footer