pun_logo

The Society for the study of flies (Diptera)

Affiliated to the British Entomological and Natural History Society (BENHS)

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-02-22 22:15:56

falky
Name: Steven Falk

New website www.stevenfalk.co.uk

Some of you may have noticed a new signature on my postings. Yes, I've got a website - a great way to bombard the world at large with my love of the natural environment. It contains lots of limited edition artwork that can be purchased, and much more is on its way. There is a Publications section with free downloadable PDFs. Some very substantial dipterological reports are near completion and I look forward to sharing them with you soon. The site is also a portal into my Flickr account, which is currently tiny, but could be a monster by the end of 2012. I'm particularly keen to get a good library of flies set up. I'll keep you posted. For artwork, reduced prices are available to DF members, further reductions if you buy two or more, get in touch to discuss. Mind you, I've given so many prints away for free over the years, I suspect many of you will already have 1-2 of those on offer.

Best wishes Falky

#2 2012-02-22 22:17:17

falky

Re: New website www.stevenfalk.co.uk

Forget the link!

Steven Falk
Artist - Naturalist - Photographer
www.stevenfalk.co.uk

#3 2012-02-23 21:26:21

Judy Webb
Committee
Name: Judith Webb

Gosh, what a website! Congratulations and good luck with it all, Steve.
Judy

#4 2012-02-24 00:33:15

falky

Thanks Judy.  Took some more artwork to the printers today, mainly B&W bee images like the two already available, but also the platypezid plate form the Fauna Ent Scand, to create a matching pair with the blowfly plate. I'm also printing up the B&W image of Eristalis similis (=pratorum) used in the BENHS paper which I rate as my best ever B&W fly illustration (though some of the bee ones match it!). I also love the way you can attach PDF reports so easily to the site and link it to a Flickr account.

Steven Falk
Artist - Naturalist - Photographer
www.stevenfalk.co.uk

Board footer