pun_logo

The Society for the study of flies (Diptera)

Affiliated to the British Entomological and Natural History Society (BENHS)

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-18 20:18:24

Rainieria
Committee
Name: Darwyn Sumner
Website

NBN Conference

Yet again this is arranged by the NBN to clash with the Dipterists Forum AGM.
As very strong contributors to the NBN's National Schemes and Societies conferences in the past (up to 6 DF members having been at some of them) I wish to register my dismay that yet again Dipterists Forum are excluded from this highly valuable conference which is supposed to be for our benefit.
We organised our AGM first.
At the moment the only advertising for the NBN conference is in the NBN's printed newsletter - do we all receive this?

Darwyn Sumner
DF Bulletin Editor, Scheme Organiser: Stilt & Stalk Flies

#2 2008-08-19 12:42:51

Judy Webb
Committee
Name: Judith Webb

Re: NBN Conference

I have asked for a hard copy of the NBN newsletter.  Maybe poss to get some DF publicity into future issues.  Have looked at the (temporary) NBN website and cannot see the conference dates anywhere (except presumably in the electronic version of the newsletter which is in the public folders).  Not very helpful.

#3 2008-08-19 20:33:14

Rainieria
Committee
Name: Darwyn Sumner
Website

Re: NBN Conference

I did suggest putting together an article for incorporation into NBN Newsletter at our last Committee Meeting in Aviemore, now that you come to remind me. So "Yes" Judy, "a great idea."
I don't know the breadth of the circulation of their newsletter, clearly it would be useful for it to be broader than it is if you are not already on the mailing list, Judy.
The organisers of the two events should be communicating directly with one another now, following a couple of emails, so perhaps we'll get a resolution for next year.

Darwyn Sumner
DF Bulletin Editor, Scheme Organiser: Stilt & Stalk Flies

Board footer